Hi everyone! It’s Hallie again, and I’m so excited to be sharing with you today my recipe for gluten free/grain free chocolate chip cookies! Hope you enjoy!
The other day I was craving something sweet. I still had some dark chocolate left that we had bought the other day, and knew I just had to make something with it. Then it dawned on me–chocolate chip cookies! I’d been wanting them for awhile anyways. However, I had never made gluten free chocolate chip cookies since I’d been gluten-free (I know, right?! Pretty crazy.) and didn’t have a recipe. But then I came up with these…
These chocolate chip cookies are gluten free, grain free, dairy free and can also be made vegan very easily! They are so delicious and quick and easy to make, and my mom and I LOVED them! And, Chester thought he would model for a treat. Don’t worry, we didn’t give him the cookies. But Kaden did eat half of them!
Gluten free/Grain free/Dairy free chocolate chip cookies
⁃ 2 cups almond flour
⁃ 1/4 tsp salt
⁃ 1/2 tsp baking soda
⁃ 2 tbsp coconut oil
⁃ 3 tbsp honey (or maple syrup to make it vegan)
– 1 egg (or flax egg to make it vegan)
– 1/2 cup of dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped into chunks (we used Green and Blacks Dark chocolate 85%), or dairy free chocolate chips (we use the Enjoy Life brand)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix together dry ingredients in a medium bowl and in a large bowl mix softened coconut oil and maple syrup, and then add the egg and mix together.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix. Consistency of batter should be thick. Then add chocolate chunks.
4. Space on a pan about 2 inches apart, spooning out dough balls the size of a heaping tablespoon. Press down each cookie slightly (but don’t smash it) and bake at 375 for 8-9 min!
We recently discovered these organic dark chocolate bars at Whole Foods by the brand Green and Black’s and have been loving them! It is 85% cacao meaning that it has a pretty low sugar content. And it’s made with organic raw cane sugar! These bars are also don’t have any ingredients that have dairy as far as I can tell. The label does say that they are manufactured on equipment that processes milk, but dairy is not added , because they are made with cocoa butter, which is just a vegetable fat extracted from the cocoa bean. We use it as we are not allergic to dairy, only sensitive, and cross contamination is not a concern of ours, but if it is for you, then you may want to opt for something else
I’m so excited to be sharing this recipe with you all, and I hope you’ll try it out for yourself, and go make these AMAZING gluten free, grain free, dairy free chocolate chip cookies!!