Welcome back to (drumroll please)…Hallie and Natalie’s cooking show! Today we are bringing to you a new healthy recipe from our kitchen (that we may have just made up last night) which we absolutely LOVE!
You did read that in a cooking show host’s voice, right? Alright, enough of the cooking show talk. But in all seriousness, we (my mom and I–this is Hallie writing this) did just make up this amazing recipe the other day and we really do love it. Lately, we have decided to start to incorporate more veggies and fresh produce into our meals, and this veggie bowl has to be one of our favorites.
This is our first time trying out zoodles, or spiralized zucchini noodles, and I would definitely recommend trying them out! They are a great gluten-free and grain-free option for bowls or pasta, and I don’t normally love eating zucchini but it tastes so good this way. By starting to use more vegetables in our meals, we’ve found that incorporating them really isn’t as daunting as it may seem. So, we hope that this inspires all of you to try some more veggies in your meals too! And without further ado…the recipe for the zoodles veggies bowl…
Zoodles Veggie Bowl Recipe
Info: Serves 2 Prep time: about 20 minutes Bake time: 35 minutes
- 1 package organic raw zucchini noodles (we used the Cece’s Veggie Co. brand, 10.7 oz)
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 20 small brussel sprouts
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Halve and cut the ends off of brussel sprouts. Cut the leaves and thick stem off of the cauliflower and then break it up into small pieces.
- In two separate pans (one for the cauliflower and one for the brussel sprouts), rub the veggies in olive oil and then season them with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Bake the vegetables at 375˚F for 35 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add about 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet and put it on medium heat on the stovetop.
- Add the zoodles to the skillet with onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Sauté them for about 5-7 minutes, and add then add the cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Continue to sauté the noodles with the tomatoes until they have reached a soft noodle texture.
- Remove the noodles and tomatoes from the heat.
- Serve the zoodles and tomatoes with the brussel sprouts and cauliflower, and enjoy!
Other optional add-ins:
- pasta sauce
- ground beef or ground turkey
- oregano, for an Italian flair
- other roasted or sautéed veggies
Thanks for following along! Have fun creating your own veggie bowls!!