Hey everyone! It’s Hallie, and I’m so excited to be sharing our all-time favorite pancake recipe with you today! These blueberry pancakes are so delicious, and also gluten-free/grain-free, dairy free and refined sugar free!! (They are vegan as well, for those of you looking for a pancake recipe without eggs). We love these healthy pancakes and make them all the time, and hope that if you try them that you’ll love them just as much as we do.
For awhile I had always heard of crazy flours like tiger nut and cassava, but we had never actually used them in baking/cooking, until my mom’s sister introduced this amazing recipe to us (so thank you to Aunt Rochelle!). We made a few small modifications, and thought we’d pass the recipe on to all of you! So without further ado, the recipe for the best gluten-free pancakes ever…
- Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork. Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the same bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and mix with a fork to remove clumps.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredient mixture and mix. The batter should be thick.
- Spray the griddle with olive oil spray and set at medium-high heat.
- Spoon out the batter onto the griddle in about ⅓ cup per pancake. Since the batter will be thick, you will need to spread the batter out with a fork a little so that the pancake is not so thick.
- Add blueberries to the pancakes as soon as you spread them out on the griddle (Tip: I pour out the pancakes one at a time, spread one out and then quickly add the frozen blueberries so they have time to sink into the pancake a little. This helps the blueberries to stay in the pancakes much better!).
- Flip the pancakes once the other side is golden brown (you'll know because the blueberries on the top will have set into the pancakes and the bottom will not be runny if you test it with a spatula), and press them down slightly to make sure the batter cooks.
- Once both sides are golden brown, transfer the pancakes to a plate and enjoy!!!