If you have been following along for a while, some of you might remember the old school house on my husband’s grandparent’s property back in Indiana. When we go back to visit I love to go see the school house and dream of what used to be. I love old character, especially the old wood, brick, and corbel character in this old building!
I thought it would be fun to make a print of the old school house. I had taken this photo the last time we visited and it’s perfect for some of my old frames that I have! I started off by lightening the photo and changing it to black and white by using some of the filters in the “Snapseed” app. I love it black and white like this too, but I really wanted it to look like an old painting.
I stumbled upon an app called “Brushstroke”. It does the most amazing things to make photos look old, aged, painted, muted, blurred, soft, and so many more effects! And, the best part, it’s FREE…is what I thought! I didn’t pay when I got it, but I’m hearing lots of you say already that you had to pay $3.99. I guess either way, it’s a really cool app for not a lot of mulah. I made two different ones from different filters on Brushstroke to have them printed for one of my older frames. I love this first lighter version and how it’s a little brown tone for the “older” look.
This one left a little muted color to it and I love the way it turned out too!
This last one I did not add a filter to the original or change it at all before I used the “Brushstroke” app. It’s so fun to play around with different filters and see what each one turns out like! I love this app and I hope it will help you bring some of your imaginations to life!
I sent the files to our local print shop (Office Max) and had them printed on matte card stock in size 20×24″ to fit my frame. They happened to be half off at my print shop at the time so I spent about $10 a print. That’s a pretty large photo for only $10, even $20 would have been a great deal! Printing on card stock is usually cheaper and I love the way it looks with the matte finish! I still need to add them to the frames but this is how they turned out (waiting on the color one to be printed yet)…